A few weeks ago we invited 10 children from the UK charity ‘Honeypot’ to join us on our Mountain Adventure camps, to offer them a week of fun and a respite from their often demanding and challenging daily lives.
Thanks to local businesses and our staff, we created a wonderful week for the children, full of activities such as hiking, ropes course, climbing, tennis, ice skating, mountain challenges and swimming. Home cooked meals were provided every night along with evening activities and their smiles and excitement told it all! When asked what they most enjoyed about the camps, Libby said ‘Climbing the mountain’, Connor said ‘Meeting the staff’ and Robert said ‘Doing all of the activities!’
We also had one last surprise for the children up our sleeves. Verbier Summits provided us with one free paragliding flight to give away to the most deserving/helpful child. He was so overwhelmed and happy with his prize and really enjoyed it.
Hopefully we will be able to make this a yearly event and receive as much support from our partners as we did this year. We would like to thank:
- Ski Freedom for providing the accommodation
- Alpine Xpress for offering free transfers
- Televerbier for giving us free liftpasses
- Verbier Sport Plus for the mini golf and climbing
- Rob Norton of Alpine Movement for tennis lessons
- Centre Sportif Verbier for allowing the childen to use the tennis court, ice skating rink and swimming pool
- Verbier Summits for the paragliding
Without the help of our partners it would not have been possible to organize this charity camp, so thanks to you all!